Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BioSteel Camp


By now, we hockey fans are deep into our yearly withdrawals and scrambling for news on whether or not there will even be a season this year. *fingers crossed*

I try to tell myself it would be okay if there was a lockout because I’d get that much more writing done. But who am I kidding? We both know I’ve been watching playoff re-runs on the NHL Network all summer wishing they were new.

So, I’m posting the videos from BioSteel Camp. What is this BioSteel Camp I speak of, you ask? Well, it’s a week of training in Toronto attended by 30 top level players who pay their own way. They are divided into teams and then play a scrimmage at the end of the week. (By the way, Team Seguin won the scrimmage this year.)

Personally, I’d never heard of it and wouldn’t have discovered it if it weren’t for Tyler Seguin’s tweet about it. Thank You Twitter!

Here’s who attended this year:

Team Matt Nichol: Mike Cammalleri, Tyler Seguin, PK Subban, Paul Bissonnette, David Clarkson, Andrew Cogliano, Matt Stajan, Daniel Winnik, Raffi Torres, Ryan Ellis, Nik Antropov, Brendan Smith, Mike McKenzie, Greg Stewart, Jay Harrison, Tyler Cuma, Jason Wilson, Nail Yakupov, Alex Galchenyuk

Team Gary Roberts: Steven Stamkos, Stephen Weiss, Wojtek Wolski, Jeff Skinner, Steve Downie, James Neal, Cody Hodgson, Chris Tanev, Peter Holland, Spencer Abbott, Cameron Gaunce, John Mitchell, Mike Neal, Brandon Burlon, Ethan Werek, Chris Terry, Matt Beleskey

I thought you might enjoy a glimpse of our beloved boys skating, working out and most of all, sweating...








BioSteel Camp is in its second year and I hope there are many more to come!

Moment of Truth: How many more players are you following on Twitter now after watching those videos? :D RV



No comments:

Post a Comment