Friday, January 20, 2012

Home Ice

Home Ice is now in paperback at Amazon! It's also part of the 4-for-3 promotion where you can buy any 4 eligible items and get the lowest-priced item free. I can't tell you how many times I've used this promotion at Amazon because I usually buy several different books at once anyway, so why not get one for free!


I know that ebooks are the wave of the future, but I have to admit I'm still a bit "old school" when it comes to books. There's just something about the feel and smell of a new paperback in your hands. I like to see them lined up on my bookshelves where I can arrange and re-arrange them in whatever order I want. I like that their colorful spines look like art.

Even when it comes to writing I find myself having a difficult time when it comes to "going green". I'm still more comfortable writing with a pen and paper. I know it's not the most efficient way because eventually I have to type all those pages into Word, but I like the fluidity of writing on paper, the smell of the ink, the sound of my pen scratching across the page. Or maybe it's because that's just how I grew up writing before I had a computer. (Oh, the memories! I had an electric typewriter, too!)

However you choose to curl up with a good book, have fun getting lost in someone else's fictional world for a while. :) RV


No comments:

Post a Comment