Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Keane Concert ♥ Fox Theater, Oakland, California


Got back late last night/this morning from the Keane concert in Oakland. The show was AH-MAZING! Let me start at the beginning… Fran Healy from Travis opened and he was fantastic. He came on stage all by himself with just a guitar and a microphone. It touched me so profoundly, I was bawling like a baby. It was the most pure and beautiful thing I’ve ever experienced. He played a couple of Travis songs and some new songs he’d never played live before that are going to be on his new solo album. 
Next up was Ingrid Michaelson. She is a little folksy for my taste, but her band was good and they mixed things up with an odd Vanilla Ice/Fresh Prince/Britney Spears number. 
And finally, Keane. It was as if Tom Chaplin flew down from heaven and sang us some songs. He has the voice of an angel and he looked better than ever with new hair. (From what I could see through my tear-streaked contact lenses!) They played all the songs I wanted them to and Tim Rice-Oxley was brilliant on piano. This was probably the greatest concert I’ve ever been to. (30 Seconds to Mars in May was a tough one to top. Sorry, Jared.)
If you’re not familiar with Keane or Travis’ music, I highly recommend you check them out. Hopes and Fears is my personal favorite.
No more concerts until Paramore in September…


keanemusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment