Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Writer's Block

Knock on wood, I have yet to experience this horrible beast. If anything, I have too many ideas and am constantly scrambling for a pen and scratch of paper to capture them all. 
Mostly, I’ve experienced the phenomena of Writer’s Laziness and Writer’s Distraction. Some days, or weeks (gasp!), I push my characters aside (they don’t always take kindly to that) and focus on anything and everything else. I’ll watch mindless reality television shows for no other reason than that I like to make fun of people from the comfort of my living room. Sometimes I’ll even organize my kitchen or my closet to avoid submersing myself into the fictional world I’ve created. 
My biggest vice, I have to admit, is the SIMS. Now, I l-o-v-e, love this game and have probably racked up hundreds of hours playing it. Which is ironic because in its own way, it’s just another fictional world I’ve created with characters I’ve custom made as well. So, in the end, I’m not really escaping anything at all.
I imagine I would have written a hundred books by now if it weren’t for that horrible, wonderful little game that I wouldn‘t trade for anything. In a way, I suppose SIMS is my ice cream. If ice cream didn’t exist, than I’d be skinny too!

No comments:

Post a Comment