Saturday, September 1, 2018

What I did on my summer vacation...


Our visit to the Point Reyes National Seashore has been a long time coming and I'm so excited to show you the photos from our trip!


Out of all the beaches there, Drakes Beach was probably my favorite. It has these beautiful sandstone cliffs and we had the whole beach to ourselves when we arrived in early morning.


Walking along the sand and hearing the waves and birds, and breathing in all that salty air makes me want to set all of my books at the seashore from here on out!


What better place to find inspiration than a deserted stretch of sand?


This is Elephant Seal Overlook near the Chimney Rock Trailhead. Those dark spots in the water are elephant seals!


And this is South Beach. It wasn't quite as windy here and there were only a few other people waaay down the beach the entire time we were there.


The water is this incredible minty color and I probably could have spent all day watching the waves roll in and the birds play chicken with the water.



And this is the Cypress Tree Tunnel. You've probably seen it before on Pinterest or Instagram, as it makes for some amazing photos.



I posted a ton more photos over on my travel blog Vaughn the Road Again, so be sure to check those out if you're interested!

I hope you had a wonderful summer and managed to escape the heat like I did. I can't wait for the temps to get back down into the double digits here in the valley. Somehow, I've managed to locate myself in an area where 95 degrees is "cooling down."

Oh well. Here's to fall and pumpkin spice and cooler weather!
☙ Rachelle



No comments:

Post a Comment