Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Raw Music

As you probably already know, I love music. I love sexy rock stars working a stage and hyping up the crowd. I love catchy choruses and screaming electric guitars. I love lyrics that move me and musicians who inspire me.

In the past, I’ve been lucky enough to attend quite a few concerts. Some of the most notable bands I’ve seen are: 30 Seconds to Mars, the Goo Goo Dolls, Keane, Bon Jovi, Neon Trees, MuteMath, Daughtry, Cavo, Lifehouse, Skillet and Decyfer Down. I even drove four hours to see Paramore in 2010!

As much fun as an ear pounding concert is, there’s just something special about acoustic music.

When Fran Healy (from the Scottish band Travis) opened for Keane in Oakland two years ago, he came out on stage with just his acoustic guitar and I proceeded to bawl my eyes out because it was the most beautiful and moving thing I’d ever experienced.

It really shows the true talent of a musician when they can sit in front of a microphone with only a guitar and sound absolutely amazing.

Below, I’ve posted some great acoustic performances from some of my favorite musicians.

What are some of your favorite acoustic performances? Have you been to any great concerts this summer?

Please support your favorite artists by legally downloading their music.

Rock On,
~RV

















No comments:

Post a Comment