Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Olympics XXX


Are you as inspired by the Olympics as I am?

First of all, let me say how thrilled I was to see one of my favorite bands (Arctic Monkeys) perform at the opening ceremony. Yeah, Bob Costas talked over most, okay all, of their performance, it was still awesome to see. Oh, Alex Turner, be still my beating heart!

Okay, now on to the amazing athletes. During the parade of countries I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful everyone was. Maybe the cameraman purposely focused on all the good looking people or maybe there’s just that much natural beauty out there in the world. Hollywood take note!

I love watching the backstories of the athletes. Now that's reality TV. Fascinating people with talent!

There have been so many inspirational athletes this time around. Kieran Behan was told he’d never walk again and went on to be the first Irish gymnast to make it to the Games. 15 year old Katie Ledecky, the youngest member of the entire U.S. Olympic team, won gold in swimming...And so many more.

Which event is your favorite to watch? I especially like gymnastics. When I was a young girl, I used to spend hours in the backyard practicing my cartwheels and putting on competitions in front of my Barbies. I also enjoy watching synchronized diving. It looks insanely difficult to do the dives individually, much less side by side with someone else.

Swimming is fun to watch, too. Not to mention all the cute swimmers and their unbelievable bodies. Ryan Lochte’s a cutie, but did you see Nathan Adrian’s smile after he won the gold? Too cute.

Are you rooting for a specific country or do you cheer for the underdog like me?

There are a lot of Games left and I’m looking forward to more inspirational stories and achievements.

Only two more years until Olympic hockey! 


P.S., In case you missed it, here’s the link to Arctic Monkeys' awesome Come Together cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment