Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Picture's Worth

Last week, San Jose Sharks Captain Rob Blake retired from hockey. He wasn’t one of my favorite players on the team, so I wasn’t overly emotional as I would have been if it were, say, Dany Heatley or Dan Boyle hanging up his skates, for example. (Gotta have my Dan(n)y’s!) 
Later, I was cruising around the Shark’s website and came across the photo gallery from Blakie’s press conference. One photo in particular struck a chord with me for several reasons. The photo was a simple shot of the audience, which included some of Rob’s former teammates. Sitting in a row were Patrick Marleau, Evgeni Nabakov, Devin Setoguchi and 3 former LA Kings players to their left. To the naked eye, they’re just six regular guys in an audience. But when I saw the picture, it made me grin from ear to ear. 
First off, Patty looks dashing, yes, I said dashing, in slacks and a polo so fitted that it is barely able to contain his bulging biceps. (I’m not exaggerating, I swear.) 
Next to him, Nabby is wearing jeans and a button down shirt and looking so adorable it makes you want to tuck him into your pocket and keep him with you always. 
Finally, Seto is sporting plaid shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops, the epitome of casual, where everyone at least had the respect to put on real shoes after coming from the pool. You’ve gotta love it because its typical Seto style and I half expect to see his custom guitar slung over his shoulder. The other players seated next to my beloved Sharks are all three wearing almost identical suits. 
       “My boys” looked so incredibly cute in this photo each with their own individuality that I had to say something about it. What can I say? Hockey players have that effect on me.


Here is the link to the photo. (Pic 9 of 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment